Why not take advantage of this celebration to come and visit, if you’ve never been here before. The assets of the 8 municipalities making up the Jurisdiction of Saint-Émilion will be showcased through a host of convivial, fun-for-all events: wines, gastronomy, heritage, biodiversity (the Dordogne River is designated a World Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO), etc. through concerts, conferences, walking tours, visits, markets, etc.
Celebrations will kick off on Friday evening with a huge guinguette-style banquet, with music, on the shores of the Dordogne River in Vignonet, and will end on Sunday in Saint-Émilion with the torchlight procession of the Jurats (local aldermen) and a gigantic fireworks display.
- because wine is centre-staged, the 7 tastings included in the Saint-Émilion Fête le Vin pass (Wine festival pass which includes a special 20th anniversary vintage wine), open days at castles and their events, as well as the recreation of the Saint-Émilion Jurade’s fire-branded ‘vinetier’ with which barrels of wine deemed worthy to be labelled Saint-Émilion were stamped;
- concerts on the Main Stage (Saint-Emilion Jazz Festival), in the streets and along with tasting sessions at Château Monlot;
- the curious “Tétrodon” project (link: https://www.saintemilion-unesco.com/project/le-projet-tetrodon/)
- philosophical walks and night-time strolls,
- and, of course, all the wonderful encounters which festivities promote!
To find out more