Jackie Kennedy : A First lady with an iconic, elegant, cultured, modern personality
Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy made history and contributed to the success of her husband John F. Kennedy, the most powerful of all heads of state, who was the 35th President of the United States and who tragically died on November 22, 1963. Jackie Kennedy was one of the most popular first ladies of the United States. Her life continues to fascinate the world today.
The Kennedys and Biarritz
The exhibition "Jackie and the Kennedys" retraces the Kennedy family’s attachment to the city of Biarritz. The Kennedys began vacationing in Biarritz in the 1930s. Later on in 1950, Jacqueline Bouvier would spend holidays there with a friend. She continued to return to Biarritz regularly with her children.
The exhibition presents a collection of exceptional photographs: 164 large-format prints, some of which have never been published, along with profuse comments (produced exclusively by Templar Presse). The curator of the exhibition, Frédéric Lecomte-Dieu, takes visitors to the heart of the Kennedy family history. The exhibition retraces the destiny of Jackie Kennedy Onassis, from her marriage to John Kennedy to his election, his tragic death, and her union with Aristotle Onassis...
Several personalities have contributed to making this exhibition possible: French writer Alain Malraux, actor Francis Huster, Cecilia Attias (ex-wife of former president Nicolas Sarkozy) ...
The exhibition itinerary takes visitors to 5 sites, where the photos are on display:
- Le Jardin Public Jacqueline Bouvier and John F. Kennedy " (48 photos),
- Les Jardins de la Grande Plage: "1007 days at the White House" (60 photos),
- Le Square: "Dallas, death of a president" (20 photos),
- La Côte des Basques: "Dreams never die" (24 photos),
- Le Golf du Phare: " John F. Kennedy, the best golfer in the White House " (12 photos).
Further information about golfing in Pays basque
To complete the exhibition, conferences will be organized at the “Médiathèque” multimedia library and at Hôtel du Palais, and a film/debate will be led by Frederic Lecomte.
- A golf tournament, the 1st Jackie and John F. Kennedy Trophy, will take place on May 15 and 16 at Le Phare golf course and at the Chiberta golf course. The proceeds will be donated to the reforesting Chiberta.
- A 300-page exhibition catalog: "Jackie and the Kennedys" will be available at the tourist office, the Bookstore shop and online at www.jackiebiarritz.com. 10% of all profits will be donated to the "Les amis du Malandain Ballet Biarritz" association, to support the Mandalain National Choreographic Centre of Biarritz (CCN)
- The prints can also be purchased online at www.jackiebiarritz.com (10% of all proceeds will be donated to the Cecilia Attias Foundation for Women).