The Château de Biron reigns supreme at the very heart of Dordogne. In this region charged with tales and legends about Périgord, the artist Lydie Arickx centre stages the exhibition on the tale by focusing on two themes intrinsically connected to the site: the Forest and the Castle. Over 500 works of art (most exhibited for the first time ever) are presented to the public throughout the monument.
The exhibition is interspersed with creation from guests:
- Jean Claude Ameisen (author of the radio programme “Sur les Épaules de Darwin” (“On Darwin’s Shoulders”), doctor and researcher at Paris Diderot University),
- Pierre Péju (philosopher, novelist and et essayist of La Petite Chartreuse, Le Rire de L’Ogre),
- Daniel L'Homond (professional storyteller and French author of Perigord origin).
So, save the dates for these must-not-miss highlights on Saturdays:
- 27 April, from 4pm to 5:30pm: Daniel L’Homond/Lydie Arickx duo, reading of 10 short tales with musical and painting interludes.
- 4 May, from 2:30pm to 5:30pm: Commented tour of the exhibition followed by the Pierre Péju/Lydie Arickx duo, written text readings and painting on a large sketchbook.
- 11 May, from 2:30pm to 5:30pm: Commented tour of the exhibition followed by the Jean-Claude Ameisen/Lydie Arickx duo, reading and painting in the depths of the forest.
- 26 May in the evening: as the exhibition closing event, performance of Daniel L'Homond the storyteller’s latest show “L'Estrambòrd”, exceptional opening and free-of-charge
Fancy a weekend break
Why not stop off in the Bergerac region and discover the fortified towns and wines. And, while you’re there, explore Monpazier labelled “Plus Beaux Village de France” (“Most Beautiful Village in France”), which is actually an outstanding fortified town founded in 1284, and the Château de Bonaguil, a fortified castle, classified as a historic monument. You’re back in the Middle Ages and you're pursuing your journey through the land of tales and legends. Both these sites are located just 15 km from Biron.
For accommodation, you will be warmly welcomed at “La Gentilhommière” which has 4 guest rooms. There you will delight in incredibly refined cuisine at the “Etincelles” restaurant, which has earned a Michelin star… what more could you ask for! Bergerac-Duras Informations
For information, Biron is at 2h from Bordeaux.