“Argentina, land of contrasts”, a surprising journey across through 6 wine regions:
- First stop Córdoba. Wine culture was first introduced here by Italian immigrants in the 19th century. We’re delightfully enchanted by the little bodegas (wine properties).
- Then we head off to Norte, the highest vineyards in the world, where Torrontès, king of white grape varieties, offering a concentrated, fleshy wine, reigns supreme.
- Our journey continues to the Andes to discover Cuyo, the birthplace of Malbec, and Argentina’s key wine region.
- We pursue our exploration along the coast and discover the wines of Entre Rios, exotic and typical.
- We approach Patagonia, known as the region of all extremes, with the world’s southernmost vineyards.
- And finish our tour with Buenos Aires. We dream of its tango, its nightlife, its beaches… Here Argentina’s youngest wines are served.
Thanks to digital and immersive media, visitors will enjoy a highly-unique, sensory and participative experience through Argentina’s nature in all its spectacular diversity. Encounters, tasting sessions, workshops are proposed throughout the exhibition.
The exhibition "Argentina" in La Cité du Vin in Bordeaux is produced by the Argentinean Secretary of State for Tourism and organized by Argentina’s National Institute for the Promotion of Tourism (INPROTUR).