The “Mind-blowing! When art and design take on glass” exhibition
The high point of this season is the great exhibition: “Mind-blowing”.
Set against a 100% contemporary, highly-refined backdrop, art de la table is showcased here through a hundred or so glass objects created over the last 20 years (glassware, carafes, bottles). Glass artwork, illustrations, projects, performances as well as videos to explore, as you wander through the exhibition, the creative process of transformation. “Mind-blowing” was created by the Foundation for Wine Culture and Civilizations and guest curator, Bettina Tschumi.
It brings together artists and designers such as: Philippe Starck, Nicolas Boulard, Gaetano Pesce… And, two never-seen-before works by Matali Crasset and Jérôme de Gerlache, created specifically for the exhibition, invite to be discovered.
A myriad of Encounters will also inspirit this season as part of the Vendanges du Savoir (Enlightened Grape Harvesting), Ciné gourmand (Gourmet Pleasure Cinema), Week-end Terroir (Wine-growing Region Weekends), complemented by one-of-a-kind, not-to-miss events like:
- “Elles font bouger le vin !” (“Women making a positive difference to wine culture”) for International Women’s Day,
- the screening-discussion-tasting session in “La génération Y et le vin” (“Generation Y and wine”),
- the “Hear Parlmer concert” with carte blanche to Emile Parisien,
- “tasting matches” Top 14 #horsjeu (offside)
- and the “En chantant !” (“Let’s sing”) concert for World Music Day.
For more details and booking, visit La Cite du Vin